Monday, November 12, 2012

Today I am...

3 weeks & 4 days pregnant.

I never expected this with my first cycle of Metformin, but I feel so, so, so incredibly lucky.

I tested Friday morning and got a negative, Saturday morning and got a negative.  This morning I woke up and tested at 5am and brought the test back to my nightstand, set the timer on my phone for 5 minutes, and read a 'negative' in the dark (light from my iphone) 5 minutes later.  I got out of bed 30 minutes later, carried the test into the kitchen, and saw this:

I know that evaporation lines are definitely a possibility when you read a test outside of the time limits, so I tried very hard not to get my hopes up.  Instead, I bought a box of First Response Early Result tests on my way to work and held my pee for 2 hours.  When I was about ready to burst, I took my purse into the bathroom at work and got this:
It's faint, but it is so there.  So there.  Today I am pregnant, and nothing else except for that is important.  I can't worry about tomorrow when I have this beautiful today.  It's so much easier said than done, but I would like a low-stress pregnancy; I know it's important for me and the baby.

I plan on telling my immediate family at Thanksgiving next week :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Two weeks apart. Amazingness!!

    I gave you another shout out on my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete