Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Ultrasound

I had such a positive week, regardless of all the hurricane devastation in our community.

Halloween night was my transvaginal ultrasound to help confirm my PCOS diagnosis.  Earlier in the day I had felt cramping on the lower left side of my abdomen, where my ovary would be.  I even texted a TTC friend and asked if she had felt ovulation pains and what they felt like; I also had ovulation-friendly cervical mucus and was feeling really positive about what my body was doing.

That night at my ultrasound, the tech said my lining looked really good, and was consistent with midcycle lining that the OBs like to see.  She also said that I had great mucus.  She looked at my right ovary first and said it was definitely polycystic, large and lots of tiny follicles.  Then she switched to the left side and said "Well Emily, you better go do your homework!  There's a great mature follicle on this side!"  I was floored and starting crying right then and there, because I was so afraid they wouldn't see a good follicle.  The next morning, yesterday, my OPK pee stick was positive!  So fingers crossed for a baby May this month-all the stars seemed to have aligned.  I truly credit being on the Metformin because I've never had all my symptoms line up like this.  Even if this isn't our month, I should have a great luteal phase, and then ovulate again next month, while we are on our honeymoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment