Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sleepy Saturday


The Metformin is killing my digestive system.  Everything I want to put in my mouth has to be carefully evaluated as to how it'll affect me in a few hours.  Anything that's very carb-heavy, sugary, and alcohol are completely off the list.  My carbs need to be very balanced with protein.  One glass of wine at dinner last night had me miserable for hours at home afterwards.  I've already lost 4 lbs.  I know that rate of weight loss won't continue, but if I've got to have some sort of perk to this drug, that would be it.

My friend Jill had her beautiful baby boy this week.  I am so happy for her & her husband.  She's the same age as Chris, and it's very reassuring to know that there are people willing and happy to have kids in their 30s & 40s.  I can't wait to meet him in person.

I don't have a lot to say this morning; Chris & I both slept horribly and it's kind of gross outside.  I've still got a nasty cough and I just want to lay in bed all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment